ncc kidscoordinators  |  curriculum info  |  parent resources
NCC Kids is an exciting and fun environment for children. We believe our children fit into God's big story. Therefore, we teach the children a portion of God's big story on a weekly basis. This teaches the kids about God and themselves and it encourages them to find themselves in this great story. It also serves parents by giving them ways to engage their children in conversation at home.
At this time the kids are separated into five groups: 0-18 months Nursery, 19 months-3 years Toddlers, Pre-K-Kindergarten, 1st & 2nd Grade, 3rd-5th Grade. We truly value our children at New Community Church and want God's best for them.
Parents should feel free to keep their kids with them during the meeting if they feel more comfortable doing so.
About Our NCC Kids Coordinator
Jessica Cohoe works with current and new teachers to form teaching teams and to develop curriculum for our kids. She is a graduate of The Evergreen State College and is currently studying for her Masters degree. If you have any questions or would like to serve in NCC Kids please contact us or fill out a connect card during our Sunday morning service.+ back to top
NCC Kids is currently using Children Desiring God as its main curriculum (childrendesiringgod.org). We have been using this material for three years now and we are very excited about how God-centered it is. Every week our kids are learning about God's story and how awesome and amazing He is. Our older kids will be learning about the story of Jesus and Redemption.
Here is a breakdown of what each age group will be covering:
- 0-18 months Nursery: Worship/Bible Storytelling and Play
- 19 mo.-3 yrs: Worship/Bible Storytelling and Play
- Pre-K -Kindergarten: He Established a Testimony- God has testified of His glorious deeds and mighty power. This curriculum explores God's greatness by noting key themes found chronologically throughout the Old Testament. Bible stories are not written out; teachers prepare the lesson through the study of scripture using a list of key themes, opening illustrations, and application questions to acquaint children with a great God whose character never changes.
- 1st & 2nd Grade: Jesus, what a Savior!- We were created to enjoy the glory of God. But as sinners we fail to treasure Him as we should. Our hearts are full of sin and we stand in need of a Savior. This chronological study on redemption explores the incomparable greatness and worth of God, the desperate condition of helpless sinners, and the all-sufficient work of Jesus Christ to redeem sinful people.
- 3rd -5th Grade: Faithful to all His Promises-God's promises are gifts to the believer. The challenge of the Christian life is not to simply know the promises of God, but to place unshakable confidence in them. This study teaches children that God's character is trustworthy; therefore, His promises are true and reliable.
Downloadable NCC Kids Resources:
Parents check our website periodically to view the class topics, lesson plans, and themes to reinforce with their children at home.